What is stainless steel plate?
Generally speaking, the stainless steel plates we refer to on a daily basis are often referred to as 1219*2438 plates, which are often referred to as “4 or 8 feet.” But many people do not know what plate is plate?
In fact, not all stainless steel plates can be called plate, and only steel plates that meet certain thickness requirements can be called.
What is the specific thickness of the plate?
The stainless steel plate refers to a steel plate with a thickness of 4 to 25.0 mm, a plate with a thickness of 25.0 to 100.0 mm, and a plate with a thickness of more than 100.0 mm. It is widely used to make various containers, furnace shells, furnace plates, bridges and automotive static steel plates, low alloy steel plates, bridge steel plates, made steel plates, boiler steel plates, pressure vessel steel plates, pattern steel plates, automobile girder steel plates, and tractors. Some parts and welding components.
Stainless steel plate defects
The use of stainless steel plate in the use of the process should pay attention to the production of defects, the surface of the steel sheet of small longitudinal cracks, cracks, cracks, edge cracks, inclusions, scarring will affect the surface quality, resulting in commutation, making the product quality decline.
Stainless Steel Plate Defects Performance
1, small longitudinal cracks, small longitudinal crack surface morphology of the steel plate is less than 200mm in length, width less than 3mm, depth less than 0.3mm.
2, peak-like cracks, the cracks occurred in the following table from the edge of the table 5-60mm, the direction of the macroscopic and rolling perpendicular to the direction of the “mountain” shape.
3, edge cracks, the cracks occur mainly in the plate from the edge of 20-80mm, the shape of a number of parallel cracks of different sizes, the rule is that the thicker and wider steel plate specifications, such defects are more serious.
4. Inclusions, scabs, inclusions, and scabs are regularly distributed. After the edge fire crack detection or casting blanks flame cleaning and other finishing operations, the phenomenon is obvious.
Cause of defect
Small longitudinal cracks are small impurities mixed into the crystallizer;
The main cause of peak cracks is caused by the transverse cracks in the submarine arc of the outer arc.
The edge crack is caused by the rollover of the billet to the surface during the rolling process.
Inclusions and scabs are caused by surface oxidized slag not being cleaned during finishing.
Measures to prevent defects
1. Regularly check the crystallizer, especially the water sample, to see if there is a mixture of small impurities and cause water quality changes.
2. Strictly control the ageing service of the equipment, ensure the timely maintenance of the sector segments, and avoid the deep scratches of the slab due to the occurrence of local rotation of the sector segments.
3, the implementation of the bending section of the distribution of water control, dynamic control of the width of the end of the blank width of the corner surface of the billet, to avoid the billet in the bending process corner temperature into the brittle area.
4. Produce wide-width steel plates with wide end-face slabs as much as possible to reduce the amount of widening during the rolling of the steel plates, thereby reducing the degree of uneven edge deformation during the rolling of the wide steel plates and weakening the width of the steel plate in the width of the edge cracks.
5, increase the casting billet in the heating furnace to add the uniformity of temperature, optimize the slab heating process, reduce the billet temperature difference between the upper and lower, reduce the deformation of the upper and lower deformation resistance, thus reducing the rolling piece edge of the uneven deformation.
6. Improve the finishing ability of the slab, avoid the occurrence of secondary defects such as incomplete cleaning of the oxidized slag after the slab finishing and local deep burn marks.
What is stainless steel plate?